Sunday, August 5, 2012

I survived!!



I survived Day 1 (Round 1) of  my chemo treatment.  It went well.  Mom and dad took me.  I felt good overall when I came home.  My brother and sister-in law came to visit and spent time with me.  It was nice.  I talked with my friends Eric and Denise on the phone.   And e-mailed all of you nice people who surprised me with your generosity! 

Saturday I was feeling pretty good too.  A little tired.  I had to go back and get my Neulasta shot.  Almost got my Luperon Shot (My insurance company approved it late Friday night --it should have been approved Friday ) But they could not get access to it, so will call Monday to try and go in that day to get the shot. 

S0 over all yesterday I was a little tired, and a little nauseous, I took the pills for nausea twice.  I went on two of my 3 walks I was supposed to take for 10 of the 15 min.  But I do not think that is bad considering I don't ever really exercise.  (hehe)  Also my mouth is constantly dry, so I have been rinsing it with Act Mouth was for Dry mouth and it helps, as well as drinking water.  Also I am a little sore, like muscle soreness. 

This morning, still a little tired, not really hungry, but then again I am never hungry.  I always have to force my self to eat.  BUT I know it is more important than ever to eat now.  SO I am going to force my self to.  I am going to get some yogurt with granola. 

Not sure what else to expect, but I am good.  Thanks everyone!!

10 comments:

  1. I heard chewing gum also helps with the dry mouth! Keep up the spirits and the body will follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of that too, my friend Kristen gave me a bunch her husband brought back from Japan!! :-)

      Delete
    2. do you have enough lip balm to help with the cracked lips?

      Delete
    3. Yes, I have tons o' lip balm!!! Thank you!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you did well... I minimized the nausea by eating bland foods the day of treatment... I stayed away from multi-seasoned and spicy foods...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is basically what I am trying to do. Yougurt, jello, pudding, crackers...

      Delete
  3. Hi Jenna,
    I've been thinking about you lots, and so glad that you're blogging so I can keep up with your treatments (and healing!). I finally put your package that I promised in the mail. It was sort of an emotional thing, moreso than I had anticipated, so I procrastinated. But, hair is on the way ;) About the foods - I had no appetite and lost lots of weight. Some people gain weight from the steroids, but not me. Smoothies were my saving grace, and soup. There's a great book that I relied on a lot, called The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz. I cut sugar out completely, and started making (having my sister make for me, I should say), desserts with agave instead of sugar. Stevia is a good substitute, too, and is an anti-inflammatory. As much food that you can eat with anti-inflammatory properties will really make a difference. Before I got rid of sugar, I could actually feel my body reacting if I ate something sugary, in particular the area where my cancer was. It freaked me out. Love you Jenna, and praying for you every day. Healing is on the way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you!! I can not imagine how emotional that would be. I am so greatful that you are helping me out in this way. I have looked at the book, and will prob get it. It looks to be good. I have heard from several people abuot the sugar...this is going to be a hard one for me...but I can do it!! I know how important it is!!

      Love you to, and glad you are a survivor sister to me. :-) Great words of wisdom and prayers.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jenna,
    This is Gail Meador, Photohokie , and I just found your blog. So sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but it sounds as if you tolerated the chemo fairly well. I lost my mother-in-law to stage 4 ovarian cancer a year ago. I cared for her throughout 3 years of chemo, and during her final days, and I can tell you the time it afforded her to be here for us was priceless. I will be shooting VT games again this year and will be glad to share them with you. I will think of you each time the shutter opens. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
    Take care,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gail!! I will let you know what I need. Always would love to see your pictures!!

      Delete